Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Canelé de Bordeaux



Canelé de Bordeaux are truly scrumptious! They are among the most amazing little mortal pleasures you could ever hope for. They have a hard burnt sugar outer shell and a cake-like moist custard inner consistency. The combination of their respective outer and inner make the Canelé de Bordeaux a complimentary culinary treasure.

I've found that our local Patisserie chain, La Boulange, makes them just as perfect as I've found anywhere. Their website is www.laboulangebakery.com. They have stores all over the bay area now and surprisingly enough, manage to maintain authenticity within their product line (a rarity when expansion of this level takes place). I'm particularly fond of the location where I first had a Canelé... the Pine Street location in Pacific Heights, but frequent the one in Mill Valley more often as it's closer to me.

Should you find yourself yearning for a treat developed hundreds of years ago; one that maintains it's authenticity and stands alone, try a Canelé de Bordeaux! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the taste, texture and pleasure gained by doing so.


No comments:

Post a Comment