Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best Indian food in Marin County!

Sartaj is a little off the beaten path sort of place, on Caledonia Street, located not too far, but far enough, from the oft-dreaded tourist zone. Located @ 43 Caledonia Street (Sausalito) tucked between Arawan Thai and Cafe Divino, owners Basi and Balbir are a husband and wife team that  “do it right”. The unassuming atmosphere of their establishment makes it all the more charming. It is unaffected. The food is excellent, priced right, and the atmosphere is downright homey. They offer many vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, and all are good. I usually opt for the chicken tikka masala burrito, a vegetarian samosa and homemade chai. The dhal is wonderful. The homemade pies are excellent. They have Kingfisher beer. There’s a reason why you see the same faces everytime you go to Sartaj – the food is to die for and service greatly appreciated. I love Sartaj, Basi & Balbir! If you’re in the area and haven’t been… make a point of stopping in!

indianflag

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's on my list ... next time I'm in town we'll do lunch! I'll have my people call yours and later this month we are on!

    ReplyDelete