Saturday, May 22, 2010

Traveling (not) from afar.

Sometimes travel lies not only within the act of physically relocating one’s self to another land; travel can achieved through the ability of transport via one’s imagination.

1 2

I am forever moved to another time, place, and space now long past, when I see certain photographic images. Stumbling across old favorites, forgotten unsung heroes, and other’s seen through (a now) more experienced eye is like re-visiting via time travel.

3 4

Child’s play and make-believe conjure up strong images and feelings if we apply them. Are there other’s that can still remember specific scenarios from their distant past? Scenarios invented with a vivid imagination in an effort to create a change from something it was, to the something we hoped it was? Can you see the imagery seen only by you when you think hard?

5 6

The act of filming is a capture of emotion, albeit different, via another route altogether. When I see these images, I remember exactly where I was when I took them, the time of day, the climate, smell within the air, and what I was to do after.

7 8

I took these completely unnoticed while hanging out a bookstore window while traveling some 6,000 miles away from home, and yet it as if I were there right now, once more, snapping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment