Monday, May 3, 2010

Very Good Coffee

I have a confession: I have an addiction. I am addicted to coffee, and not the kind of coffee you get served at most cafes, restaurants, or even Starbucks for that matter. I am addicted to really good, really strong coffee. Coffee that has a kick, but is not bitter and doesn’t taste over-roasted. The kind that you can splash a little heavy cream into and still maintains a dark golden hue. One place to find great coffee in an equally impressive setting, is at Poggio in Sausalito. It’s a hidden gem. Most people don’t think of coming to Poggio to read the paper and enjoy a coffee. Being part of Casa Madrona, the largest hotel on Bridgeway Street, they are probably better known for regional Italian cuisine (and good Italian cuisine at that). However, they have an equally impressive and loyal following of morning patrons that come to take advantage of  their selection of baked goods, newspapers, and an excellent coffee/espresso/tea offering.  You can sit at  one of many marble bistro tables in an authentic bistro chair under an overhead heater (or not) and people watch, take in views from the harbor, or actually, read the daily news should you care to.

 DSC00924DSC00915DSC00914

1 comment:

  1. You had me at additon. My addiction is tea, so I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in town! And as a true 'foodie' I'll be giving the Italian cuisine a try too! Great shots of the atmosphere they have created.

    ReplyDelete