Sunday, May 2, 2010

En Route!

DSC00896

One of my favorite ways to travel is by sea. Travel by water forever seems like a magical experience to me, regardless of how many times I've done it. I take every opportunity to be aboard whatever boat I can. This picture was taken on a ferry that runs between Sausalito and San Francisco. You have an option when doing this as there is more than one provider. I prefer to take the ferry provided by Golden Gate Transportation as it allows you to depart at the Ferry Building instead of at Fisherman's Wharf. For those of you who do not know, the renovated Ferry Building is an epicurean delight, which is why I personally enjoy it so much. It also presents itself as an excellent starting and stopping point and a great place to meet friends for lunch, dinner, or just drinks.
DSC00897
These are views of the waterfront in Sausalito, most commonly seen by ferry commuters and tourists. The view never ceases to amaze me and every time I see it, I realize just how lucky I am to live here.
DSC00898
Over 10 years ago I visited Sausalito while attending a convention in San Francisco, and knew that some day, I would live here. Sausalito chose me in a way, or maybe I found myself here. Undoubtedly, I have found a sort of paradise. Isn't it beautiful?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photography and very interesting. My daughter Adrienne lives on Bridgeway. I love Sausalito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sausalito too ... it does have a welcoming way of accepting you in. I too felt like I was home when I visited. Beautiful pictures and I love the 'voice' of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete