Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mariage Frères

mariagedefrere

When thinking of Paris, my mind eventually focuses on three things: culture, art, and food. She is a city busting at her respective seams saturated by the weight of her own magnitude, and yet, I realize she reaches far beyond just these three. There is so much significance, so many incredible beauties to be experienced, and endless extravagances to be had. It can be overwhelming at times. I have had to make note of all of the intricacies and parts I’ve managed to fall in love with in an effort to remember them all! Paris is a city that is hard to capture.

Colorful is a visual term in most respects, but for most, extends beyond the obvious. You hear, “oh what a colorful person,” for example and know immediately what that means. Paris is a “colorful” city in every sensory respect. It’s colorful in that wide range of “flavor-emotion” as well. Anyone who has been to Paris will probably make point of telling you of their experiences with any number of culinary masterpieces had.

One of the less obvious things that I remember and long for when thinking of Paris is tea. Not just any tea, but Mariage Frères tea. This tea is an admitted extravagance I allow myself time to time when longing for Paris. It is SO worth it. Check out their webpage for more information: http://www.mariagefreres.com, or find a retailer that carries them and try it! If you insist on thanking me later, you can send me your empty tins!

Hint: Paulette on Hayes Street in San Francisco (you won’t be disappointed)…

No comments:

Post a Comment