Friday, May 7, 2010

Community Through Food

Those of you that know me know that a sense of community and belonging is on the top my list. For most of us, I think this statement is true. Enjoying a cup of coffee, glass of wine, simple breakfast, lunch, or easy dinner with a friend goes hand in hand. Food is universal. Everyone eats and everyone has favorite places to go. For the most part, I agree with the statement, “the smaller places are usually better,” and make a point of supporting the “little guy” as often as possible. Establishing relationships with people in your community makes the sense of community – and there is no better way to do this – than through food! Below are some of the small, oft-looked over, non-touristy, wonderful little places we have to choose from in my neighborhood. I hadn’t realized the magnitude of options until making my list and then going to get quick shots! The list is by no way inclusive and I decided to include only those places that had seating and a food menu. Apologies in advance to anyone inadvertently forgotten..

Amy’s Café, Anchorage Café, Arawan, Avatar , Bayside Café, Cacciucco, Cibo, Dario’s, Divino, Feng Nian, Fred’s Place, Kitty’s Place, Il Piccolo, Lighthouse Cafe, Louie’s Deli , Sartaj, Saylor’s Landing, Sweet Ginger, Thai Terrace…

5-7-2010

1 comment: