Friday, May 21, 2010

Ma(i)sonry [mey-suh-n-ree]

094 111 Can I just tell you how much of a treat it is to visit and enjoy Ma(i)sonry?! May I Please? Read on…

Last week I stumbled across a review of Ma(i)sonry, which was painted as a destination for art and wine housed in a historical old stone house. Liking all three very much, I decided to make a point of paying them a visit to see for myself.  Monday, a friend invited me to lunch and we headed for the wine country for a slower pace and to try a restaurant on our “list.”It seemed only logical to visit Ma(i)sonry while in the immediate area, and so we did. Now we’re now talking of returning – and soon.

088 090 091 092

I mean it when I say, “I’m still wowed by the experience.” This establishment is sensual; everything is perfect - they need not change a thing! I’ve added it to my, “what makes me really happy list,” as it’s really that good. We sat upstairs in gorgeous leather chairs within the gallery, enjoying our flight of wines from Brown Estate, while contemplating the perils and pleasures of love, life and… let’s just say we didn’t want to leave. Sadly, we had other obligations and had to, but we will be back - to finish where we left off, or to start anew (does it really matter?)

110098 111 108

Ma(i)sonry is definitely worth making  a visit to see. Whether or not you live in the area or are planning to visit, should you find yourself within say oh… 500 miles of them, you must go!

Of note: Yountville is (now) a culinary masterpiece of a town.  Keller has made a name for himself here and now has 3 restaurants (his most famous being French Laundry). So has Chiarello with Bottega. There a few choice hotels (special places) to stay, not to mention dozens of world-class wineries everywhere you look! It might be a smaller town, but is not to be overlooked. As the old cliché goes, “small things come in big packages.” Why not plan a mini-vacation and escape from it all?

You can find Ma(i)sonry online at: www.maisonry.com for more information about them, or just to scour their beautiful offerings and for wine education – everything is for sale and for the taking!

 096  109 (thank you)

2 comments:

  1. Did we stop here when we ate at Bottega? It looks divine ... maybe you and I can make an escape in early June while in Windsor? Us writers do need to be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, that was another place. we were close though. yes to going in june!

    ReplyDelete